Jeremy partners with clients to navigate legislative and public policy processes to help them reach their goals. His experience ranges from initial messaging, bill drafting, working with legislators to advance or defeat legislation and amendments, and working with regulators to ensure proper application of the law. In every client engagement, Jeremy draws upon his prior legislative and public policy experience and builds relationships with national, state and local legislators and government officials.
Jeremy advocates for clients on issues related to energy, fuels, transportation, workforce and labor, economic development, financial services and small business. His experience includes:
- Workers’ compensation reform on behalf of self-insured businesses.
- Transportation finance and policy issues, particularly related to freight and fuels.
- Workforce and labor issues, particularly those related to FMLA, independent contractor status and Davis Bacon statutes.
- Procurement of public investment.
- Price and supply stability in for utility consumers.
Prior to joining Taft Advisors, Jeremy was a government relations director at a national law and consulting firm. He previously served as the committee administrator for the Transportation Finance Committee for the Republican Party in the Minnesota House of Representatives. He began his career at the Minnesota Trucking Association and the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce.