Mark is a trusted advisor with significant federal, state, and local government relations experience. He assists clients in a wide range of legislative, regulatory, and procurement matters at all levels of government. Executives of companies, leaders of business associations, public sector entities, and important non-profit organizations regularly turn to him for his high-level strategic advice, public policy advocacy, and abilities to assist their organizations with solving challenges posed by government.
Mark’s legislative experience spans over 20 years, concentrating on state and local advocacy, legislative monitoring, grassroots programming, and political strategy. In this role, he has helped advance new laws across many industry sectors, including agriculture, appropriations, commerce, energy, environmental, food and beverage, gaming, taxes, and heavily regulated industries. Mark has also represented clients in a variety of matters with local and state government agencies and has successfully represented clients on challenging matters involving heavily regulated industries.
In the course of his career, Mark has:
- Drafted and guided legislation to passage on the state and local levels.
- Worked to defeat legislation adverse to clients and helped advance countless new measures into law.
- Assisted clients in successfully pursuing business opportunities with cities, counties, states, airports, hospitals, utilities, and transit agencies.
- Provided strategic advice on project approvals, rulemaking, and administrative authorizations.
- Advised clients on strategic communications and media relations.
- Acted as draftsman for legislation creating the first generation of economic development incentives for tech-related business.
Mark is dedicated to the ethical conduct of government relations. He is experienced in defending and maintaining the reputations of corporations, trade associations, and public sector clients in relation to highly sensitive issues where the impact of politics, the media and the law could give rise to high-profile exposure.